I was craving for some cheesecake the other day. So, I went on a hunt for some raw cheesecake recipes (I was just lazy to bake)! The first few that popped up were all vegan – meaning they did not have CHEESE.
The raw vegan “cheesecake” recipes sounded interesting and I’ve always been curious about the taste! I looked at a few and they all had pretty similar ingredients. From all the different recipes, I picked out the ingredients that I had at home or was convenient to get at the store.
Thankfully, they turned out pretty well! I definitely wouldn’t call it a “cheesecake”! But it was still good! It was a refreshing snack and I had it for breakfast every day (dessert for breakfast? YES PLEASE!).
Here is the recipe!
Creamy Raw Blueberry Bars
- 1.5 cups of rolled oats
- 1.5 tbsp coconut oil
- 1.5 tbsp Manuka honey (or sweetener of choice)
- 1 cup of cashew nuts
- 1/4 cup of coconut oil
- 1/4 cup of Manuka honey (or sweetener of choice)
- 1 cup of blueberries
- 1 tsp of vanilla essence
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Preheat the oven at 180 degrees. Mix the ingredients for the base and spread it out on a baking tin.
- Bake for 15 mins.
- For the creamy filling, blitz the cashew nuts in a mixer/food processor. Slowly add in the coconut oil and Manuka honey.
- Add in the rest of the ingredients and mix until it becomes smooth and CREAMY!
- Pour the creamy filling over the COOLED base (make sure you let the base cool for about 10 mins before you pour the filling.
- Freeze for 2-3 hours and ENJOY!
Let me know if you made this and if you liked the taste!